Uber Driver Insurance
Give us a call on 01782 280 280
Compare Taxi are a leading provider of uber driver insurance. For an immediate quote and cover with flexible payment options get in touch with us now.
Requirements to become an Uber driver
- You will need a Private Hire Vehicle Licence (PHV) which you can apply for through your local council.
- You must be 21 years of age.
- Have a valid UK or EU licence.
- Have a clean driving licence and have no criminal history.
- Have at least 1 year of driving experience (depending on which city you are based at.
- Have a vehicle that is no older than 5 years old.
- Complete Uber’s free Ignition session focused on customer service and how to handle customers and deal with any issues that arise.
Insurance you will need
In the UK you will need to have in place your own insurance which is “private hire vehicle insurance”, this will cover the vehicle and passengers if you are involved in an accident.
Connect can offer Uber drivers a competitive premium as we have an extensive range of insurance companies. We can cover all tiers of Uber Insurance from standard 5 door cars for UberX, to 7 seater vehicles for UberXL and the more executive cars for UberEXEC. We are based in Stoke-On-Trent and have been insuring private and public hire taxi policies since 1989 so you can trust that you are in safe hands. We can cover drivers across the UK to make sure that we get you the best Uber Insurance Premium.
Areas Connect can cover
- Brighton and Sussex
- East Anglia
- South Coast
- South West
- And many more!
Benefits of choosing Connect are:
- Quick quotations and instant cover.
- Private Hire Insurance and SDP cover.
- No black box required.
- We can use Private Car discount.
- Panel of insurers to compare.
- Flexible payment options
- Low premiums
- Free legal expenses up to £100,000.
- 24 hour UK based claim line.
- The option to add Public Liability
- We can offer short term insurance.
- UK based offices with no premium rate telephone numbers.